LOGISTICS: FACILITIES: PROP HOUSES

Prop houses are companies that will hire out props to film makers. These are useful because it helps you as a film maker buying everything and it's also useful because props help to set the scene of a film. 

To find out more about prop houses I looked at three websites and looked for props that I could buy if I was creating a short film about knife crime. 
The three websites I looked at were: 
https://www.prophire-backdrophire.com/
http://www.northernprophire.co.uk/
http://www.modernprops.co.uk/

The first company was the most useful to finding out the props, it helped with the setting and had a lot of things that I could use in my film which is useful because then i can get most of it from the same place. The first website also helped me to realize that I needed a lot more than a knife for this short film. The second website helped a lot less than the first website because it was only little buts for the police station, however it did help because there was things on that website that wasn't on the others. Surprisingly, the last website didn't help me at all, when looking though it I realized that there was nothing I could hire out from that company for a short film about knife crime, however I do think the website would be helpful if I was making another type of film. Lastly, I was very disappointed in all of the websites because none of the three that I looked at had knifes that I could use in my short film. 

Which aspects of the props research were the most time consuming?
The most time consuming part of the prop research was finding and picking out all of the props individually. This is because I had a little pan of what I needed but I didn't realize that I needed a lot more to make the film more realistic and entertaining to an audience. 
Image result for time
What would be the impact on the production if?
Allocating insufficient time to props research in the overall production timescale?
Looking at props is something that cannot be rushed during pre-production because it's what makes the film seem more realistic. You would never be able to have a film about knife crime if there was no knives and if the police didn't have any weapons to stop everything and defend themselves.
Image result for scale
Beginning props research too late? 
If you begin prop research too late can have a massive effect on your film because nothing in pre-production should be rushed and it makes the whole of pre-production delayed if you miss a deadline. Therefore, if you begin the prop research too late it will have an effect on the film and you may not be able to find the props you are looking for or get them in time for filming. 
Image result for late rabbit
Not researching a sufficient number of companies? 
If you limit the companies you look at for anything then you do not give yourself a large variety to choose from. Even if you have a favorite website for props it still doesn't mean that you will get the best deals or they will always have everything that you need. That's why you always need to give yourself a large variety of companies to look at when in pre-production so that when it comes to filming you will have everything you need. 
Image result for researching

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOGISTICS: MATERIALS: ANIMATICS

LOGISTICS: MATERIALS: CLEARANCES

FINANCE: REQUIREMENTS OF FINANCE: TALENT